Tuesday 26 January 2016

Thing 11: Reflective Practice


We all lead such busy lives that sometimes it is difficult to just stop - take a breath and think about things. I've noticed over the last number of years that I do my best reflective thinking on the bus to and from work. It is the one time of day when I can just stare out of the window and think about the day ahead or the day just gone.

I have occasionally come up with some of my best ideas sitting on the bus! When I do, or if I find a solution to an issue or problem, I usually note it down in Google Keep on my phone (the humble notebook and pencil is gone -alas!). My bus journeys (four a day) are like taking a walk - I can just tune out of everything around me, and deal with what is in my head!.

In all honesty I am not a very good time manager, but I do try to be! I have an ongoing work list - this gets topped up and crossed off as the case may be, and more importantly it is flexible! I spend most of Friday afternoon, working through the things that didn't get finished - putting off to the next week the least important of them.

I believe we all do a measure of reflective practice without even know we are doing it.


1 comment:

  1. Hi.

    I'm a big fan of Google Keep too! I like that you can make checklists and set reminders with it as well. It's very handy.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete