Friday 29 January 2016

Thing 15: Advocacy for libraries

Advocacy is something  I've been doing without knowing that's what I have been doing for years - I talk about libraries, and what we do, to anybody and everybody that will listen, I can't abide that people think all we do is sit and read all day! So I feel this bursting need to put them right...but in a nice informative way!

I remember my Mum being very upset at the rumour that the village library was going to close and that they would have to travel into Northampton to go to a library, she was elderly and was suffering from dementia at that stage, but she always had a book at her side. At the time I tweeted and re-tweeted all about these closures, I signed online petitions and forwarded them to others to sign. That library is still open - for now anyway.
















1 comment:

  1. That's a great example of advocacy in action, and fantastic to read that it has worked too!

    The Rudai 23 Team

    ReplyDelete