Sunday 31 January 2016

Thing 22: Mobile Things

I had to download the Gum app to my daughters iphone as there isn't an android app yet and I don't have my iPad with me at the moment. I love the idea of a 'social network of things', but I would be a bit worried in that it doesn't seem to be curated in any way!

 I recently went to see Chris Hadfield in the Bord Gais Theatre, a really fascinating guy - he was talking about the journey that ultimately brought him to command the International Space Station for 6 months a couple of years back.

I first started following him on Twitter because he posted the most amazing photographs from space-and then he became a household name after performing David Bowie's (another of my heroes) A Space Oddity' in space! To cut a long story short, I bought his book 'An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth' after the lecture - and decided to use that for this assignment, turns out I am the first to Gumit!

No comments:

Post a Comment